- FozzTexx celebrated his new CNC by making Star Trek Napkin rings.
- These Facebook underwear sold by SplitReason give a whole new meaning to giving someone a poke. They’re a great way to kick off the Halloween season.
- Jabba’s Birthday by KurtMAndersen
- Topless Robot counts down The 10 Greatest Skulls in Comics.
- Which ten comics would you save? ComicsAlliance includes Buffy #5 amongst its picks, saying “it’s probably one of the best issues of comics of all time”.
- Blastr picks 15 cowards you love to hate from sci-fi movies and TV.
- io9 names the 10 most obnoxious superpowered teenagers of all time.
- Interview: In an interview with Total Film, The Wire star Idris Elba hinted that he could play the comic book superhero Luke Cage as part of his movie deal with Marvel Comics.
- Interview: Let Me In Director Matt Reeves and Star Kodi Smit-McPhee talk about doing the killing themselves.
- News: Pistol-whipping lawsuit against Michael Bay gets dropped, however, the extra who was seriously injured during a stunt gone awry on the set of ‘Transformers 3′ has now decided to sue.
- News: Will Smith may be President in Independence Day sequels
- 5 reasons why Zack Snyder’s Superman will suck…
- 20 ways Zack Snyder’s Superman can avoid becoming a superdisaster.
- In honor of the 20th anniversary of the NC-17 rating, here are 10 films that fought the rating’s stigma for better or worse.
- Penny Arcade has exclusive footage from the new Myst movie.
- The Top 10 Most Ludicrous Horror Villains.
- The Wrap names 5 screenwriters who could do justice to the Google movie.
- GeekoSystem explains How to Get a Geek Guy in 5 Easy Steps, but personally, I think that this would work better.
- xkcd has created a second, updated Map of Online Communities.
- Interview: Both BBC Radio Scotland and SciFiNow interview Iain M Banks.
- Interview: Cory Doctorow explains “Commenters who claim I tell artists to give their work away for free are wrong… they should focus on the real online villains.”
- Interview: Cory Doctorow interviews William Gibson.
- Interview: Functional Nerds interview James Enge of The Wolf Age.
- Interview: The Gothic Imagination interviews Gail Carriger of The Parasol Patrol.
- Interview: io9 has posted an appearance by Guillermo del Toro at Portland’s Baghdad Theater & Pub… just wait for the part where he talks about his house.
- Interview: John Scalzi interviews Richard Kadrey of Kill the Dead.
- Interview: Salon Futura interviews Jay Lake.
- News: Kindle Version of Follett’s ‘Fall of Giants’ Priced Above Hardcover
- News: Barnes & Noble Launches PubIt! E-Book Publishing Platform, Not Color
- Authors discuss their own work in SF Signal’s latest Mind Meld.
- Read page 99 of a new book and, according to Ford Madox Ford, you’ll know whether you want to read the whole thing. A new website, page99test.com, launches next month to test that premise. It will offer (courageous) authors and aspiring authors the chance to upload the 99th pages of their works and invite readers to comment on whether they would buy, or like to read, the rest.
- Why do we humans have such an obsession with making up, telling and listening to stories? At Axess Magazine, Brian Boyd attempts to piece together the reasons that we have evolved – and maintained – this unique form of social behaviour.
- SuperScholar’s list of the 20 Most Influential Scientists Alive Today.
- Interview: Buffyfest Interviews Buffy star Nicholas Brendon.
- Cancellation Watch: Are We Facing a Sci Fi-pocalypse on Television?
- News: Bungie goes after 15,000 Halo cheaters
- Get Lamp is a review of a documentary about text adventure games.
- Zombie Survival is the best zombie-themed tower game I’ve ever played.
- How Deliberate Practice Can Make You an Excellent Writer
- Jeremiah Tolbert reveals “Five Movies That Inspire Me To Write Better.”