- This interactive map of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle-earth is a good idea, but it’s a bit frustrating to use.
- Doctor Who plots the death of Stephenie Meyer… muhahahaha
- Metallic Steampunk Cake Delight
- Sexy New ‘Tron Legacy’ Poster Unveiled Featuring Olivia Wilde.
- Interview: Brendan McCarthy discusses Spider-Man: Fever.
- Interview: Functional Nerds interviews Matt Sturges, author of Midwinter, The Office of Shadows, and Jack of Fables.
- “Duel In The Somme” a webcomic collaboration of Ben Bova, Rob Balder and Bill Hollbrook, has just completed its 24-day, 24-page run. Storywise, imagine if Dilbert got to play Snoopy’s WWI Flying Ace.
- Interview: Darren Aronofsky on how/why he became a filmmaker.
- Interview: Duncan Jones and the team behind Moon answer questions.
- News: Rick Moranis Reportedly Out Of Retirement For Ghostbusters 3
- The first TV Spot for ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows’ is out.
- New images from Let Me In have been released.
- Two New Official Posters Unveiled for Matt Reeves’ Let Me In have hit the web.
- Interview: Titan Books interviews Troy Rudolph, star of the (surprisingly good) fan-made Firefly show “Into the Black,” which you can watch free online .
- “How downloading music has literally saved my life” is an emotional essay about obesity and compulsion.
- Interview: The Bat Segundo Show interviews Mary Robinette Kowal, author of the recently released Shades of Milk and Honey.
- Interview: Big Ideas talks with Cory Doctorow.
- Interview: SF Signal offers an exclusive interview with Charles de Lint.
- Interview: Writer’s Grove interviews Gail Carriger of the The Parasol Protectorate.
- Book-burning: fanning the flames of hatred: Pastor Terry Jones’s plan to burn 200 copies of the Qur’an in Florida was widely condemned. But the unique symbolism of book-burning has a long and sinister history.
- Divine Caroline names the Thirty Books Everyone Should Read Before They’re 30.
- How China Miéville Got Me to Stop Worrying and Love the Monsters.
- Poet hijacks Atlanta streets with haiku advertising campaign.
- The trouble with Google Books: How rampant errors threaten the scholarly mission of the vast digital library.
- Read an excerpt from The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking.
- The Spiegel has an interesting article on the Nature Vs. Nuture debate. They focus on two recent studies. One, looks at socioeconmic status and IQ, and concludes: “A person’s intelligence can only truly blossom if the environment gives the brain what it desires.”
- News: Roger Ebert Announces ‘At The Movies’ Will Return in January
- News: Ron Moore’s new television project: a Harry Potter-inspired fantasy series
- Caprica returns to television October 5 at 10PM.
- Blastr picks 10 of the best science fiction TV episodes that ever aired.
- Neatorama shares 12 Fun Facts about Lost in Space.
- Sci-Fi Heaven rants on Five ways to ruin a perfectly good sci-fi show.
- Curtis Brown explains the Seven Keys to Writing Good Dialogue.