- These shots of Sydney in the middle of a dust storm make me itch to grab a camera and shoot a post-apocalyptic sci-fi film. Just incorporating this fun house would ensure it beats the hell out of every Sci-Fi Channel Original Movie ever.
- The Telegraph shares Movie poster mash-ups: Star Wars and Harry Potter meet James Bond and Indiana Jones.
- The Stephen King Shop has posted an enormous Stephen King Cover Gallery with over two thousand shots of practically every edition of every King book.
- io9 has posted a gallery of old but excellent Space Battles and Alien Lairs In Star Wars Concept Art.
- Interview: Ian McKellen talks Gandalf the Grey in The Hobbit.
- 28 Days Later, in One Minute, in One Take is accurate, if funny recap.
- I didn’t realize it when I saw the movie, but 9 features a rather prominent tribute to the 1939 MGM Cartoon Peace On Earth. See if you can spot the image that has so recently appeared on the silver screen.
- Is The Rocketeer An Underrated Classic? I personally think so, and I look forward to a few Marvel comics getting the Rocketeer treatment!
- Learning the truth about these 7 Lies About Pirates You Learned From Movies may shatter your childhood fantasies. (Learn more at The Straight Dope.) Why can’t more people conform to stereotypes?
- MovieFone names The 14 Sexiest Androids in Movies, but why does Isabel Lucas get top billing? She had like five minutes of screen time and – what – three lines?
- Obsessed with Film explains 50 Reasons why GHOSTBUSTERS Just Might be the Greatest Film of all Time… and one Reason why Maybe it Isn’t.
- SciFi Squad counts down The Top Ten Sci-Fi Horror Movies, starting with Alien.
- Darth & Droids is a great webcomic that lampoons both the Star Wars prequels and D&D simultaneously.
- Interview: Fantasy Magazine talks with Dragon Age author James Maxey.
- Interview: National Post profiles Robert J. Sawyer.
- Interview: SciFiGuy interviews Jocelynn Drake, author of Dawnbreaker.
- How the hell did Lord of the Rings not make this list of The 25 most influential books in world literature? Is that not the most-imitated series in existence?
- With everyone talking about future book technologies, the future of libraries is swiftly coming into doubt, but few people ever stop to wonder why libraries are so unpopular now. Kathryn Greenhill reflects on a few reasons in Why am I in a coffee shop and not a library?
- “My Living Nightmare Of Encouraging Kids To Read Is Over” declares former Reading Rainbow star Levar Burton to The Onion.
- Topless Robot has posted a video gallery of The 14 Greatest Recurring Characters from The Kids in the Hall.
- Unreality Magazine names 12 of the Most Well-Acted Television Characters.
- Janice Hardy offers some advice on How to Find a Crit Group of Your Very Own.
- Nathan Bransford wonders in regard to e-books whether not the Piracy Threat will Resolve Itself.