- Check out the Dust Cloud robot from YoungSpacers.
- Let’s face it. You really want a Zombie Apocalypse. Cracked explains why.
- Interview: John Scalzi is taking questions about his new gig as the creative consultant for Stargate Universe.
- Interview: Omnivoracious interviews Gail Carriger, author of Soulless.
- News: According to a recent book, JK Rowling denied medal by Bush because Harry Potter ‘encouraged witchcraft’. Geez, it’s not as if she started a war.
- BookStove recommends 10 Dirty Books You Should Read, including Fahrenheit 451 and Shakespeare, in honor of Banned Book Week.
- The Google Books deal is forcing people to rethink copyright. “As one Google engineer apparently put it: ‘We’re not scanning all those books to be read by people. We’re scanning them to be read by [our] AI.’”
- News: According to the BBC, Primeval will be back for another 13 episodes.
- News: AMC will premiere the new remake of The Prisoner Sunday November 15th.
- News: Stephen King is returning to television with an hour-long series adapation of his noir novella, The Colorado Kid.
- 7 years after Firefly, SciFi Wire asks Where are they now?
- Escapist Magazine explains Why Your Game Idea Sucks, then proceeds to explain why it doesn’t matter.
- GameSpy explains How to be the Perfect Videogame Villain.
- Unreality has posted a gallery of 10 Awesome Fan-Made Video Game Movie Trailers.
- Janet Reids suggests Questions to ask Prospective Agents.
- Nathan Bransford offers some common sense advice for new authors regarding Submitting to Editors Without an Agent
- Should You Be Obsessed With Getting Published? The answer is yes, if you ever expect to become an author.