- This He-Man Poster was just about my favorite thing in the world to look at until I was like
15. I mean 12, of course. Now it’s my new desktop!
- Battling Boy is the next comic to be adapted for the big screen, and by none other than Alex Tse or Watchmen fame.
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? will be hitting comic stands soon, and it looks like they’ve decided to stick with the Blade Runner’s visual style.
- Mental Floss has posted a great article entitled 15 Film Production Credits Explained.
- Reports show that interest in the upcoming Wolverine film is still high despite the earlier internet leak. Evidently, the folks polled didn’t actually see the thing. Blech.
- TCM’s list of Most Influential Classic Movies includes a few sci-fi flicks but not nearly as many as I would have suspected. Where’s The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari?
- Turns out UGO isn’t only interested in video games; they also seem to have a thing for hot chicks. Check out why at their lists of the Top 50 Hottest Sci-Fi Girls and Top 50 Hotties of Horror.
- Yahoo! Movies has posted a gallery of the Top 10 Inaccurate Movies about the Future. To which I would respond, just wait for it.
- Here’s an interesting story about one band that managed to get its music 3,000 downloads from Twitter. It took a listen, and while, I’m not crazy about the music, I think it’s awesome that a grassroots campaign can result in this kind of attention.
- Free Fiction: The Books Fairy has posted a list of the Best Places to Download Free Science Fiction Books.
- Free Fiction: Read the classic “The Body-Snatcher” by Robert Louis Stevenson at Manybooks.
- Free Fiction: Print up your own copy of Steampunk Magazine, issue 5.
- Interview: Fast Forward has posted a podcast interview with David Weber, author of Storm from the Shadows.
- Picking the The Top 20 Greatest Fantasy Writers of All-Time has become a regular past time of genre bloggers. Now the Mania blog weighs in.
- The World in the Satin Bag is polling readers for their contribution to “Science Fiction Books For Non-Readers.”
- CNet’s Cheapskate explains how you too can Get 770 free MP3s from Amazon.
- I don’t normally post music links, but I had to pass this one on. Here’s a video of Lisa Kelly performing the theme of The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- The Ledger takes a bizarre twist when it attempts to make Lost a metaphor for Christianity… like I wasn’t already confused enough about Zombie Jesus without a giant smoke monster.
- Lenard Nimoy will be guest-staring on Fringe as the founder of Massive Dynamics. According to The Sun, he’ll be Sinister with a capital “S.”
- Popular Mechanics turns to ancient Egyptian legends to explain the smoke monster, but it’s a fool’s errand, because it still doesn’t explain the Polar Bears.
- Rolling Stone has an interview with Producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindel of Lost.
- Sci-Fi Wire explains Why Sarah Connor’s finale may leave the series only a footnote in Terminator history. Ouch. Good work screwing up what should have easily been one of the best sci-fi series ever, Fox!
- To mark the anniversary of the sinking of the RMS Titanic, io9 has posted a link of 10 Unsinkable Science Fiction Stories About The Titanic.