- News: Kazu Kibuishi has created a new series of Harry Potter covers
- 25 Amazing Minecraft Creations That Will Blow Your Flippin’ Mind
- Geek Art Gallery has an enormous collection of geeky Valentines.
- Star Destroyer Birthday Cake
- What is the Minecraft?
- “As near as I can tell, throughout DC Comics’ more than 75-year history, the publisher has only ever hired two black women writers on monthly titles: Felicia Henderson on Teen Titans and Angela Robinson on The Web, both in 2009. … That said, they are potentially doing better than their principal competition: Try as I might, I cannot find a single black woman who has ever written a monthly ongoing comic for Marvel in the publisher’s history.” Joseph Hughes talks about the lack of Black comics writers at Marvel and DC both right now and historically. Christopher “Jim Owsley” Priest on why his being stereotyped as a “Black writer” made him leave comics, racism in the comics industry, the uphill struggle to get comics fans to try “Black” books, the viability of Black superheroes and how to get Black people to read them.
- DC has responded to backlash over their hiring of anti-gay writer Orson Scott Card for the new Superman: “As content creators we steadfastly support freedom of expression, however the personal views of individuals associated with DC Comics are just that — personal views — and not those of the company itself.”
- How I A Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love Manga
- The Great Geek Manual has posted an enormous collection of Valentine’s Day Cards from all your favorite fandoms.
- If you’ve wondered what the characters might do if they were bite-sized: Star Wars Meets Legos in Photo Fan Fiction
- Upcycled Desktop Robots
- Comic Books You Should Be Reading
- In 1954, Fredric Wertham wrote Seduction of the Innocent which, in no small way, led to the Comics Code Authority. Carol Tilley, a professor of library and information science, has proven that the book misrepresented and altered the original data.
- The Joker’s 10 Most Iconic Moments Of All Time
The Great Geek Manual
is proud to be sponsored by Host Color
is proud to be sponsored by Host Color
- Blood Elf cosplay
- Calvin & Hobbes In The Real World
- Portal, Skyrim, Star Trek, Star Wars, and World of Warcraft Valentines cards.
- Superhero Noir Posters
- Video Game Soap
- 10 Awful Comic Book Movies That Must Never Be Made
- Do Superheroes Still Matter?
- Does the West Dismiss Graphic Storytelling as Second Class?
- Female, Muslim, and mutant: Muslim women in comic books
- The Safe Haven of Batman
- Why Asia is Obsessed with Graphic Novels and Comics
- 16 Hunger Games (Im)posters
- The Academy & Gallery1988′s Art Prints for 2013′s Best Picture Nominations
- The Changing Face of Superman
- Keeping checking in on Geek Art Gallery’s rapidly growing collection of Geeky Valentines Day Cards! The collection stretches back three years, and includes a lot of great choices to print off or purchase.
- Portal Valentines Cards
- Star Trek Valentines Cake
- 5 Artists Who Know How To Draw Comic Book Girls right. (Should be longer)
- How to make your own Minecraft Cake
- Minecraft Birthday Buffet
- Mini AT-ST Popsicle Stick Model Tutorial from Instructables
- “Anomaly” Detected: The Longest Original Full-Color Graphic Novel Ever Published
- Lois Lane has died again. In a comic book tie-in to Injustice: Gods Among Us, but still. Corrina Lawson writes about her many, many deaths over at GeekMom.
- 8-Bit Link Cake
- The Avengers ’ Leviathan warships could have been more H.R. Giger-esque
- Batman fighting a Shark
- Begging For An End To The Saul Bass-Inspired Movie Posters
- Super Mario Busters is an animated mash-up bringing the worlds of Super Mario Bros. and Ghostbusters together in a clever, delightful way. Here’s a Doctor Who / Back To The Future mash-up from the same team.
- TARDIS Blanket