Utilities and Resources
- Convore – a quick way to instant message with groups of friends in real-time. You can join in on conversations about topics that interest you, or start your own conversations. Don’t worry about missing anything, because we keep track of what you’re not seeing, so that when you return, you can easily catch up.
- Climsy – a nice, simple Windows program that makes it dead simple to shares images on your clipboard via Dropbox and Imageshack.
- Greplin – a personal search engine that allows you to search all your online data in one easy place. Greplin indexes the information you create across the web (Gmail, Facebook, Twitter) and provides lightning fast search of all of it.
- SelfControl app – this app blocks internet distractions for writers. It shuts you out of Facebook, Twitter, and email, but allows you to use the Internet for research.
- Video2mp3 – an online utility for converting YouTube videos into mp3 tracks.
- Wikipedia Beautifier – an extension for Google Chrome that removes all the clutter from Wikipedia and lets you focus on the most important aspect of the online encyclopedia: its content.
- FCC Plans Study to Measure Broadband Speeds
- Meet Barrett Brown, the heroin-addicted former journalist who’s the self-proclaimed face of Anonymous. From a tiny Uptown apartment he’s organizing a worldwide collective of hackers that brought down HBGary and helped overthrow the government of Tunisia.
- What.CD Founder Quits World’s Largest Music Torrent Site
- 10 Ways to Measure Your Time Spent Online
- 40 Best iPad Apps for Your Personal Finances
- KHARMA: An Open Standard for Augmented Reality Applications
- Why Is Microsoft Seeking New State Laws That Allow it to Sue Competitors For Piracy by Overseas Suppliers?
- 4chan founder: Zuckerberg is “totally wrong” about online identity
- The FCC Wants You to Test Your Broadband Speeds
- Slownet: most Americans get less than 4Mbps
- Asus Experiements with Cardboard PC Cases [Video]
- Augmented Reality May Be the iPad 2′s Secret Killer App
- How It Works: The Light-Driven Computer
- How the iPad revolution has transformed working lives
- Oregon schools find iPod Touch improves reading, math skills in students
- 13 wonderfully geeky 404 not-found pages
- And What If WiFi Networks Were Visible?
- Never steal a laptop from someone tech-savvy. You’ll end up publicly humiliated.
Discussion / OpEd
- Absent Students Want to Attend Traditional Classes via Webcam
- Cellphones Track Your Every Move, and You May Not Even Know
- Here’s a provocative post from Scott “Dilbert” Adams where he contemplates the costs of privacy, by trying to imagine a gated community where you surrender privacy in exchange for living in a more affordable, safe and efficient environment.
- What Larry Page really needs to do to return Google to its startup roots
Comments are closed