- ArsClip 3.1.3 – a free, powerful, customizable clipboard extender. It stores text strings, pictures, filenames for easy reuse, and basically does everything for cut-and-paste that Windows’ own clipboard should do but doesn’t.
- Ge.tt – this site bills itself as the easiest way to share any number of files, no matter how large, within seconds.
- RedNotebook – a journal that incorporates calendar navigation, customizable templates for each day, export functionality, and word clouds. Great for keeping notes over long periods. You can format and tag your entries for easy organization.
- Unfollow Finder – find out who is not following you back on Twitter.
- Apple Launching iPad-Only Newspaper? Rumor has it they will co-produce The Daily Tablet with Wall Street Journal parent NewsCorp.
- Dutch Artist Unions Call Government to Legalize File-Sharing
- 10 Must-Have Google Chrome Extensions for Web Developers
- Opera now goes to eleven with the new beta version of Opera 11, tab stacking (a bit like the new tab management in Firefox 4 beta), visual mouse gestures and more extensions. Worth a look for sure, though as with all version of opera, while I really love the idea of it, I just can’t get myself to keep on using Opera, no matter how cool the version, for more than quick one-off tasks.
- Google introduces new meta tag to properly cite writers
- Jay Leno Pulls A Cooks Source, Steals Taylor Swift Video From The Internet And Claims It As His Own
- Listen to a discussion of a newfangled thing called the “Internet” from 1993.
- Pastor who banned Facebook offers to resign over 3-way affair
- A study of 17 million links posted on Facebook suggests that 20% of users’ news feeds contain links to malicious software.
- RIAA pissed off at a news story for linking Limewire. What’s next suing Google for linking to ThePirateBay? RIAA Misfires, Grazes PCMag.com.
- This (very basic) website is hosted on an alarm clock
- A Visual History Of Twitter’s Growth
- UK Police wants the power to shutdown websites: Lawyer “deeply concerned” about this proposal if it meant it could police act before a conviction
- Acer Unveils Three Tablets: Two are Android-based, the third runs Windows 7.
- Could Poor Quality Tablets Harm Android’s Reputation?
- How To Track Your Vehicle on the Cheap
- CNet looks back at the Top tech turkeys of 2010
Discussion / OpEd