Seeing as how it’s the closest thing we have to an official Zombie holiday, Easter is actually kind of a big deal for some of us Geeks. While the rest of the world’s out there spending “quality time” with their families or sitting in pews, we’re taking advantage of the relative quiet of our empty houses and the excess bandwidth that result from most of America being offline for most of the day to have ourselves a little fun.
10. We surf the web for Easter demotivational posters, lol catz captions, and lists.
09. We decked out our pads with Easter and Ferengi decorations. (One large-lobed cultural icon is much the same as the next, to us.)
08. We watch Zombie movie marathons to commemorate the resurrection of Christ our Savior.
07. We argue over what measures might be necessary to put our savior back into the ground in a fight.
06. We argue over who might be up to the task of putting our savior backing into the ground in such a fight. (Definitely Wolverine.)
05. We go hunting for Easter Eggs in our favorite video games. (Once our blood is up from the Wolverine vs. Jesus debate.)
04. We spend the day hopping from one MMORPG to another to wish our peeps a happy holiday and take part in festivities.
03. We blog about our Easter festivities, Twitter to let everyone know we’ve blogged, then update our Facebook status to draw readers to our Twitter.
02. We provide our families with free tech support, getting into the Easter spirit by erradicating the zombie threat of Grandma’s computer.
01. Three words: Donnie Darko Cosplay
“Top Ten Ways Geeks spent their Easter” was written by Pipedreamergrey and originally posted to The Great Geek Manual. It may be reposted so long as this notice remains intact. Copyright 2009 Pipedreamergrey.